Melkbosstrand at a glance
Property in Melkbosstrand has become extremely sought after over the last decade or so, with its close proximity (30 minutes or so) to Cape Town as well as access to Cape Town International Airport makes it an ideal place for real estate buyers looking for a Cape holiday home or apartment within easy striking distance of the city.
- Melkbos proper is the areas main suburb and forms the heart of Melkbosstrand.
- The majority of the areas shops, medical facilities, churches and restaurants are here.
- The Birkenhead Shopping Centre with Pick and Pay and Clicks as anchor tenants is where most of the businesses are situated.
- This suburb was established when Koeberg Power Station was built.
Atlantic Beach Golf Estate
- The development of the Atlantic Beach estate has an architectural style that is eco-friendly. Atlantic Beach Golf Links has been built with a strong commitment to ensuring preservation of the indigenous fauna & flora.
- Its unique blend of superb golf in stunning natural surroundings makes golfing at Atlantic Beach Golf Links a unique experience.
A new development on the outskirts of Melkbos with first occupation given in late 2009.
Melkbosstrand is a picturesque little sea-side village situated around 35 kilometres to the NW of Cape Town and bordered by protected nature reserves and demarcated conservation areas.
Popular due to its tranquility, superb sandy white beach and its suitability for all types of water-sports, it's a quick escape and "getaway" for Cape Town residents looking to remove themselves from the urban hustle and bustle.
Melkbos comes under the charge of the City of Cape Town Metro, and its nearest bordering towns are Bloubergstrand and Atlantis.
History of Melkbosstrand
Melkbosstrand was established in 1924 and at that stage consisted of the Damhuis which is a beautiful Cape Dutch property which is now a heritage site. The historical Battle of Blaauwberg was fought very near to where the Melkbos village has developed today.
- Van Riebeekstrand Primary School: A parallel medium school which is recognized as one of the outstanding schools in the Western Cape.
- Melkbosstrand Private School: A co-educational parallel medium school in the farmlands, offering a strong foundation based on Christian values and principles.
- The Fellowship College: A Christian based school situated on the premises of The Fellowship Baptist church.
There are also a few Preschool and Daycare centres in the Melkbos area, including Melkbosstrand Pre-Primary School and Babbel en Krabbel Pre-school
Buying, Letting or Selling Melkbosstrand Property
Our local Chas Everitt Western Seaboard franchise located in the Table View Mall services the needs of clients looking to sell or invest in property in the Melkbosstrand area and have a great selection of Melkbos property for sale.