Essexwold Property in Bedfordview
If you are considering purchasing a property in Bedfordview, the lush and tranquil suburb of Essexwold is certainly worth a look.
Essexwold properties are all enclosed in a boomed suburb that also incorporates Dowerglen Extension 2.
Many of the Dowerglen homes border on the prestigious Glendower Golf Course.
When walking or driving through Essexwold | Dowerglen Extension 2, one cannot but have a homely feeling when you see residents walking their dogs, or children playing in the park.
Essexwold is also conveniently located near the Eastgate and Bedford Shopping Centres, and only 10km from Johannesburg International Airport.
Freehold & Sectional Title Property
Essexwold offers a very good spread of accommodation, with a split of around 30% of its homes being Sectional title and 70% Freehold. The Sectional title accommodation is concentrated in one section of Essexwold.
Today Essexwold may be accessed via one of two security controlled entrances.
Essexwold Property Sales Prices & Volumes
For the last four years the average Essexwold home (Freehold) price has hovered around the R3 million price ranges reflecting a steady pricing in the suburb and in line with Bedfordview property in general.
Freehold Essexwold properties sales volumes have, for the past four years, been low hovering between 3 and 6 units per annum. Sectional title property sales account for around 10 units per annum for the same period.
Freehold stands in Essexwold range from 900m² to around 4000m².
Building sizes on Essexwold vary widely with anything from 350m² to 800m², with many property owners renovating and improving their homes.
Essexwold Area Information
- The Ekurhuleni municipality provides Essexwold with water, electricity and weekly refuse collection.
Contact: www.ekurhuleni.gov.za or Call Centre 0860 543 000 and that’s 24/7
- The SAPS and local security firms such as Top Security patrol the area. Top Security also control the security accesses into the Essexwold suburb.
The unit at the nearby Bedfordview Police Station (+27 114572299) is very efficient and respected by the local residents.
- Postboxes for Essexwold residents may be available at the nearby Park Meadows Post Office (+27 11 975 2048) located right next to the Eastgate Shopping Centre.
- Another postal service alternative for Essexwold residents is located at the Bedford Centre, on the corner of Smith & Bradford Roads in Bedford Gardens, Bedfordview (+27 11 616 4434)
Medical Facilities & Pharmacies
- The well-known Life Bedford Gardens Hospital is very nearby (24hr casualty) an only a short drive from Essexwold. It is also equipped with two ICUs.
- Other alternatives also include the Netcare Linksfield Hospital which also has a retail pharmacy.
- A well-equipped and stocked Dis-Chem pharmacy is located in the Park Meadows Shopping Centre across the road from the Eastgate Shopping Centre and easily accessible to Essexwold residents.
- Netcare Linksfield Hospital
+27 11 647 3400
- Life Bedford Gardens Hospital
+27 11 677 8500
- Dis-Chem Pharmacy
+27 11 616 8933
The Essexwold and Bedfordview area has access to many excellent nearby nursery & Pre-primary Schools together with a selection of respected Primary and High Schools.
- Bedfordview Montessori
+27 82 821 2645/82 804 7256
- Bedfordview Pre-primary
+27 11 455 3424
- Bedfordview Primary
+27 11 455 4700
- Bishop Bavin School
+27 11 616 4018
- Elandpark High School
+27 11 616 5333
- Reddam House
+27 11 616 2834
- Saheti School
+27 861 724 384
- St Benedict’s College
+27 11 455 1906/8
- St Andrews School
+27 11 453 9408
Author: Barry Davies