Bedfordview at a glance
Bedfordview property offers some of the most upmarket and sought after real estate and properties in Johannesburg's East Rand area.
Popular suburbs include Bedford Gardens, Bedford Park, Essexwold, Morninghill, Oriel, Senderwood and St Andrews.
In terms of the options available to prospective property purchasers, Bedfordview affords a variety of real estate and housing possibilities according to your own budget and lifestyle needs.
Bedfordview properties (sectional title including townhouses, apartments, flats) are priced starting from around the R 550 000 for a flat or apartment and can range as high as R15 million or more, for some of Bedfordviews really exclusive apartments or complexes.
Entry level into the Bedfordview houses (residential full title market - traditional houses and cluster complexes) will start from approximately R 1 800 000 - R2 000 000 for an entry level Bedfordview house.
From here on, price wise, nearly anything is possible dependent on land size, house size, position and finishes – properties in Bedfordview rank amongst the most expensive and exclusive in Gauteng.
Read more about other areas in Pretoria:
Bedfordview Real Estate Makeup
Bedfordview properties since the sectional title building boom during the 1990's have swung into being dominated by the sectional title (townhouses, flats, and apartments) with some 65% of the areas real estate now falling into the sectional title space. The remaining 35% comprises the more typical Bedfordview houses.
Whilst purchasing a Bedfordview home might mean that you pay a little more than similar properties in Johannesburg's surrounding areas, the old adage of location being the primary consideration is very apt!
Although property prices have remained relatively flat throughout Johannesburg in the last few years, premier suburbs within the likes of upmarket areas such as Bedfordview have historically held their values well over time.