|Property for sale (real estate) in Roodepoort
Some useful information regarding Roodepoort located in Gauteng
West Rand Property | Roodepoort
As a result of its broad variety in terms of areas, property in the West Rand in Gauteng offers a wide selection of choice for home buyers.
The West Rand region of Gauteng includes the towns of Carletonville, Krugersdorp, Westonaria, Soweto and Randfontein together with all their surrounding areas. Largely as a result of the discovery of gold in the area decades ago, property in the West Rand has profited from the development resulting from this.
Gauteng’s West Rand offers a little of everything, including upmarket property which can compete with the likes of what Sandton and the other Northern Johannesburg areas and suburbs have to offer.
A wide variety of properties, from massive traditional houses, townhouses, flats, complexes, smallholdings and secure lifestyle estates and villages.
A plethora of well-known shopping malls offer plenty in the way of entertainment and restaurant selection.
Access is also convenient, with western Gauteng being reached in under an hour’s drive along superb highways from the likes of Sandton, Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The West Rand also affords convenient access to the increasingly popular Lanseria International airport.
Roodepoort | Gauteng
Roodepoort is a large city in the West Rand , Gauteng, South Africa.
The city of Roodepoort retained some of its historic buildings and is a residential area with light industry and small businesses.
The first formed local government was known as Roodepoort - Maraisburg.
When the local municipality was formed it was changed to Roodepoort and city status was granted in 1977.
Roodepoort property offers residential suburbs with superb views, open spaces, golf courses and entertainment areas.Properties in Roodepoort vary across a wide spectrum of prices, styles and sizes with everything on offer from a 1 bedroom flat to secure townhouse and cluster complexes, traditional residential houses to sprawling estates and smallholdings.
Main Attractions in Roodepoort
There are masses of waterfowl on the lake. A good bird watching area.
Kloofendal Nature Reserve .
The reserve is home to 120 bird species, proteas, orchids and other flora. A stone amphitheatre is used for open-air events. The reserve is a protected wilderness area.
Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens.
Stunning and tranquil botanical gardens situated in Roodepoort .
The land was donated to the people of Roodepoort in 1982. The city councils of Roodepoort and Krugersdorp opened the doors to the public in 1987 and it is now a fast weekend favourite for families.
Roodepoort Athletic stadium.
Situated in Ruimsig and equipped with the most modern athletic facilities and situated for local, National and international events.
Roodepoort Country Club
Situated in the countryside of Ruimsig and offering a championship golf course.
Roodepoort also offers shopping centers such as Clearwater Mall , and Westgate shopping center.
Westgate opened its doors in 1985 and has grown as a leading shopping centre in Roodepoort .
Clearwater Mall is situated on the corner of Hendrik Potgieter and Christiaan de Wet roads in Strubens Valley Roodepoort on the West Rand of Johannesburg.
A few of the better known Shopping Centres in and around Roodepoort on the West Rand include:
- Westgate Mall
- Clearwater Mall
- Featherbrooke Village
- Ruimsig Boulevard Centre
- Ridge Gate Shopping Centre
- Wilrokrans Shopping Centre
- Noordheuwel Shopping Centre
- Key West mall
- The Village at Horizon
- Princesses Crossing
Schooling in Roodepoort and on the West Rand
For families with young children looking for a new home - schooling will play a major role in your home buying decision making process. For today’s parents - giving your child access and a solid education through a good school is critical. When looking for property or a home anywhere in Roodepoort on the West Rand, there is no shortage of first rate schools to choose from.
When considering property in Roodepoort, if there is 1 thing that stands out for families with children, it’s the selection of in and around the various suburbs in the West Rand.
We have put together a sample of these below for ease of reference.
Pre-Primary / Nursery Schools
- Secret Jungle Pre School (Strubens Valley)
- Kiddiwinkles Nursery School (Little Falls, West Rand)
- Constantia Creche (Constantia Kloof West Rand)
- Hilltop Montessori Pre- School (Constantia Kloof West Rand)
- Wheezie Wizard Nursery School (Florida West Rand)
- Smart Brats Nursery School (Allens Nek West Rand)
- Rocking Horse (Allens Nek West Rand)
- Toddle Inn Playschool (Weltevredenpark Roodepoort)
- Little Bean Early Learning Centre (Weltevredenpark Roodepoort)
- Sanctuary Gardens Day Care (Weltevredenpark Roodepoort)
- Agapeland Nursery School (Weltevredenpark Roodepoort)
- Smart Tots Playgroup (Wilropark Roodepoort)
- The Kings School (West Rand)
- Weltevreden Primary School (Weltevreden Park)
- Princess Primary School (Witpoortjie)
- Discovery Primary School (Discovery)
- Florida Primary School (Florida West Rand)
- Jubilee Christian School (Florida Park)
- LaerskoolBroederstroom (Flora Park)
- St. Angela’s Primary Private School (Dobsonville)
- St. Catherine’s Convent School (Florida Hills)
- Victory House Private School (Florida)
- The Kings School (West Rand)
- Maragon Private Schools (Ruimsig)
- Hoerskool Florida Alumni (Florida Park)
- West Rand Christian Academy (Florida Park)
- Alan Glen High (Alans Neck Roodepoort)
- Krugersdorp High School (Krugersdorp)
West Rand and Roodepoort Property Information
Chas Everitt franchises in Randburg, Roodepoort, Ruimsig and Krugersdorp offer superb properties in the West Rand throughout Roodepoort, Krugersdorp (Mogle City) and Randfontein for families and individuals looking to invest in a property that provides a peaceful lifestyle with easy access to Gauteng cities.
Contact one of our qualified and experienced real estate professionals at Chas Everitt for further enquiries regarding property in Roodepoort and the West Rand